SARAWAK ENERGY PRIVACY STATEMENT – IMPORTANT NOTICE
Sarawak Energy respects the privacy of the users of its website and online services and we do not collect and/or disseminate information about our users without their knowledge and/or consent.
In this Privacy Statement:
- “Sarawak Energy”, “Our”, “Us” and “We”, refers to the Sarawak Energy Group and any company making up the Sarawak Energy Group.
- “Sarawak Energy Group” means Sarawak Energy Berhad and any holding, related, or subsidiary companies (as defined in the Companies Act 1965) of Sarawak Energy Berhad.
- “Personal Information” means any information in the possession or control of Sarawak Energy that relates directly or indirectly to you (or any other individual) to the extent that you (or the other individual) is identified or identifiable from that information or from that and other information in the possession of Sarawak Energy.
- “Processing”, includes just about anything that Sarawak Energy needs to do with personal information including collecting, recording, holding, storing, using, disclosing, and/or disposing it.
As the owner and operator of this website, through its Internet host server, Sarawak Energy will obtain and retain certain information about those who are using this website, such as:
- We may collect your personal information for various purposes, such as corresponding with you, in connection with a job application, for online purchase of tender documents or for purposes enumerated in the Terms and Conditions for SESCO’s E-Services herein.
- We may combine the information we collect from you with information obtained from other sources to help us improve its overall accuracy and completeness, and to help us better tailor our interactions with you.
- In addition, we may also collect information relating to your use of our Web sites through the use of various technologies, including cookies, your IP address, the time, date and duration of your visit.
Registering for and logging to the website, indicates your consent to your personal information being:
- processed by Sarawak Energy for the purposes set out in this Privacy Statement; and
- disclosed by Sarawak Energy to those classes of third parties identified in this Privacy Statement
If you wish not to reveal your personal information as described in this privacy notice, you may exit this website and prefer not to register to the link provided in our website.
We may disclose your information to classes of third parties such as:
- To third parties contracted by Sarawak Energy to assist us in processing your information, including without limitation companies contracted to provide to Sarawak Energy: Whenever we provide any personal information to these classes of third parties we take reasonable steps to ensure that these organizations are contractually bound not to use your personal information for any reason other than to provide the service they are contracted by us to provide and to adequately safeguard your personal information.
- Data Processing Service
- Installation Services
- Maintenance and Repair Services
- Information Technology Services
- To Sarawak Energy’ shareholders and between the companies which make up the Sarawak Energy Group and to affiliated companies for the purposes of establishing and maintaining a common database of customers;
- To regulatory bodies, governmental bodies or other authorities if required or authorized to do so to discharge any regulatory function, under any law or in relation to any order or judgment of a court;
- To regulatory bodies, governmental bodies or other authorities for the purpose of detection or prevention of crime, illegal/unlawful activities or fraud or for the apprehension or prosecution of offenders, or for an investigation relating to any of these;
- To any party involved in or related to a legal proceeding (or prospective legal proceeding), for purposes of the legal proceedings;
- To Sarawak Energy’ professional advisors on a need to know basis for the purpose of those advisors providing advice to us;
- To any third party which acquires all or part of the assets or business of Sarawak Energy;
Sarawak Energy implements reasonable physical, administrative and technical safeguards to help us protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use and disclosure. We also require that our contractor protect such information from unauthorized access, use and disclosure.
We intend to protect your personal information and to maintain its accuracy. You are responsible for providing accurate and complete information to us about yourself and any other person whose personal information you provide us and for updating this personal information as and when it becomes incorrect or out of date by contacting Sarawak Energy at firstname.lastname@example.org
Your personal information will not be kept longer than necessary. In addition, your personal information that is retained by us will be destroyed if you apply to deregister your records. If you wish to request that we no longer use your registration information to provide you services contact us at email@example.com . We will retain and use your registration information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
In certain cases, you may have the ability to view or edit your personal information online. In the event your information is not accessible online, and you wish to obtain a copy of particular information you provided to Sarawak Energy, or if you become aware the information is incorrect and you would like us to correct it, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Before Sarawak Energy is able to provide you with any information or correct any inaccuracies, however, we may ask you to verify your identity and to provide other details to help us to respond to your request. We will revert within 21 days upon receipt of your request.
NOTIFICATION OF CHANGES
We will post a notice for 30 days at the top of this page notifying users when this Privacy Statement is updated or modified in a material way. If we are going to use your personal information in a manner different from that stated at the time of collection, we will notify you, and you will have a choice as to whether or not we can use your personal information in such a way.
PRIVACY QUESTIONS AND ACCESS
If you have a question about this Privacy Statement or Sarawak Energy’s handling of your information, you can send an email to email@example.com or contact us at:
General Line – 082-388388
Fax – 082-341063